If you own an iPhone/Android Phone, or at least an iPod Touch, then chances are you've played Temple Run. It's a fun, if simple game—but one can't deny its addictiveness and the challenge it offers in short bursts.
That said, it's a difficult game (or challenging, as I mentioned before) and it's one that requires a lot of patience and skill to get used to. If you've time to grind, you can just learn the game through trial and error, but there's no reason not to read a few tips to help you on your way to dominating the leaderboards.
Here are some tips that a top player of the game, Jesse Davies, has come up with so you don't accidentally throw your iPhone against the wall in anger.
1) Power up evenly through the Magnet, Boost and Coin Value. Once you have maxed those out move on to the others.
2) Avoid using any of the Utilities as they tend to not return your investment, even the resurrections! (more detail in the video)
3) Don't unlock any of the characters or wallpapers until you have upgraded all your powerups. Once all your powerups are upgraded you will make plenty of points to pay for said extras.
4) While you still have a low multiplier, use that time to get comfortable with the way the game progresses by remaining in the middle, once you get you used to the speed and layout, start to lean your man in a direction that is most comfortable for you, and get used to it before leaning a lot in the other direction. This way you will have a more balanced gameplay instead of erratic gameplay that is less fun and not as rewarding because the payout isn't matching the effort.
5) Once you are into the 30x range with the multiplier start to focus on the other multipliers because they will give you a reason to keep playing and will have tons of fun challenges. It is usually easiest to do them in order, as one begets the next.
And lastly, it's a game you'll want to enjoy in small doses, so don't burn yourself out.