BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced, Contains BioShock 1 and 2
Irrational Games is bundling BioShock 1 and 2 along with both games' DLCs in BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition.
While you're waiting for BioShock Infinite to be released, 2K Games is enticing you to jump in to Rapture one more time with the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition bundle.
Shipping in January 14, BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition will include the critically-acclaimed BioShock 1, BioShock 2 and add-on conent for both games. Additionally, it will also include a "trip" to the never-before-seen Museum of Orphaned Concepts, which will provide a rare look at early concept and character models that never made it into both games.
Here's everything buyers should expect from the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition:
● Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
● Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
● Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
● Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
● Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
● The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
● Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
● Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShockuniverse.
The bundle will ship with a price tag of $29.99 for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. The January 14 ship date is for the U.S. version only with the international version dates announced at a later time.
If you've yet to play BioShock, then this is the perfect time to do so. Of course, it's also worth noting that for the PS3 version of BioShock Infinite, a free copy of BioShock 1 will also come with it. So for PS3 players, think if it's worth paying $30 for BioShock 2 (which is free now on PS+) and all the add-ons. In my opinion, both games are worth the $30 price tag easily. But then, it's not my money.
Any takers on this or will you be going through BioShock Infinite's Columbia fresh?