Best Selling Fantasy Author Pat Rothfuss To Join Torment: Tides Of Numenera Writing Team
Once Kickstarter funding for inXile's Torment: Tides of Numenera reaches $3.25m, American fantasy author Pat Rothfuss will join the writing team.
The Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter page has confirmed that American best selling fantasy Author, Patrick Rothfuss, will be joining the writing team when the total pledges reach $3.25million. The Torment Kickstarter will end on April 5th and has thus far raised a little over $2.8 million on the Kickstarter page with an extra $200'000 raised in PayPal donations.
Patrick Rothfuss is the author of 2 books in the fantasy series, The Kingkiller Chronicle, with a third novel on the way and has written several short stories as well. The unmarried father of one has also won numerous awards, including the 2007 Quill Award and the 2012 David Gemmell Legend Award.
The latest update to the status of the Kickstarter also announced that Brian Mitsoda, known for his work on the 2004 RPG, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines will be joining the writing team as the stretch goal to secure his involvement has been met. Multiple other additions have been made to the stretch goals and to the campaign, including:
- The $50 tier and every tier from $75 will also receive the Torment: Jack's Gambit digital comic, detailing the dark past of a potential companion.
- A "comprehensive epilogue" will unlock at $2.85million.
- At $3million, the number of legacies will increase from 6 to 11, a new companion will be added, new cults will be added, and Castoff Labyrinth: Secret Mere's will be added.
- At $3.1million a new cult, the Dendra O'hur, will be added.
- At $3.25million Pat Rothfuss will join the writing team.
- A $3.5million stretch goal has been teased, but not revealed yet.
Brian Fargo, Monte Cook, Colin McComb, and Kevin Saunders hosted an AMA on Reddit on March 20th and discussed all things Torment, whilst George Ziets made a new video explaining the importance of the setting and the effect it has on the games narrative. Update number 8 was concluded with a new sample of some of Torment's music.
Update number 8 is one of the largest updates to the Kickstarter yet and shows how development on Torment is progressing at a rapid pace; new storylines, locations, characters and so much more. This is looking like it will be an RPG for the ages.