Bethesda Hiring for 'Future-Generation' Project, Possibly Fallout 4
It looks like Bethesda may need help on Fallout 4.
The new consoles may not even be released yet, but we’re deep into next-generation development. Talented studios have been working on projects for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for quite some time now, and with a whole new line of technology to work with, a greater number of staff members is required. Bethesda Game Studios understands that for its massive, open-world games, it needs a bit of help, and that’s why the company is hiring for an unannounced, next-gen game.
What could it be, though? At this point, everyone expects to see Fallout 4 sooner rather than later. The Elder Scrolls 5: Skryim was a massive hit last year, and it’s likely that Bethesda will want to keep up that momentum by launching an even bigger, prettier RPG set in a unique world.
The ad, which is on the developer’s official website, is asking for “experienced programmers to work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles.” There are a few detailed requirements, as the team isn’t just looking to pickup anyone off of the street.
· At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
· Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
· Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
· Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
· Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
· Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
· Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus
People really want to see a new Fallout game. Nothing has been confirmed at this time, but with all the rumors floating around, we hope that everything can finally be confirmed with an E3 announcement.