DICE will be performing a server-side update on Battlefield 3's recent expansion, Armored Kill. This was revealed on a post by Battlefield Community Manager Daniel "zh1nt0" Matros on Battlelog.
This update will purely be a bugfix release and will not add any new features. There's also no expected downtime since it will be rolling update.
Here's the complete changelist.
- Halved flag capture score in Domination
- The Havok is now selectable in the deploy menu for the russian team on Alborz Mountains Conquest large.
- Mobile artillery drivers are now shielded within the vehicle, meaning they won’t die from using proximity defense.
- The Gunship respawn timer has been increased from 60 to 90 seconds.
- Reserved slots / join queue was not working properly on some servers; this has been fixed.
To reiterate, this update will not be a downloadable patch but will be on the servers itself. It will be live on Thursday, September 13, starting at 8 a.m. UTC. They add that it usually takes about a day until the majority of the game servers are updated.
So, anyone relishing these changes? I know that the Gunship being overpowered in Rush mode has been a concern among Armored Kill players so far, do you agree?