Ratchet: Deadlocked HD Incoming
Lots of Ratchet!
Another day, another HD remake. Makes you wonder if the industry will find yet another way to repackage games in the future, when we inevitably develop something better than HD. 3D re-releases, maybe? I digress.
The point is, we can look forward to Ratchet: Deadlocked HD according to Insomniac Games. Game Informer reports that during the PAX panel that celebrated the R&C series, Insomniac dropped all sorts of new details about the upcoming game. These are the details of note:
- Clank originally looked more alien than robot. He was also many robots that would cling to Ratchet.
- Insomniac revealed color tests for Ratchet in red, blue, purple, yellow, blue, and more. One Insomniac dev said “Following Spyro, the last thing we wanted to do was another purple hero.”
- Insomniac employees were working 80- and 90-hour weeks when Insomniac president Ted Price asked them to start work on Ratchet 2.
- Insomniac says that the relationship between Ratchet and his girlfriend Talwyn will never extend beyond him "having feelings for her." It's a line the developer doesn't wish to cross.
- There was a rejected grilled cheese sandwich launcher. Enemies would get stuck in the cheese or become vulnerable as they ate the sandwich. An nuclear upgrade would make the cheese so hot that it would melt enemies.
The PSN release will follow the launch of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Lots of Ratchet in our future, it seems.