All Points Indicate that COD Elite is Coming to Black Ops 2
Changes in the COD Elite website indicate that the system is coming to Black Ops 2.
Call of Duty Elite is a subscription-based service which offers its subscribers premium access to content planned for the game. The content is available early, and is included in the yearly subscription fee.
Activision has not yet announced plans to bring Call of Duty Elite to Treyarch’s upcoming title, Black Ops 2, but recent changes to the website are a strong indicator that the service will be active for the upcoming game.
In addition to a new menu, navigation, and update system, here’s what’s in store:
- CAREER info has been separated by game and can be found under each game title header in the menu. Here you can check out your Career Summary and Recent Matches, tweak your Custom Classes, track Challenges and Leaderboards, and view your Weapon Performance.
- CONNECT is now called Clan HQ. Clan HQ shows all your Clan stats, including Clan Competitions, Rewards, and Clan XP.
- COMPETE has been changed to Competitions, and displays Events, Clan Challenges, Clan Operations, and Lone Wolf Operations.
- IMPROVE links are now located under each game title header in the menu, and breaks down Maps, Weapons and Lethal/Tactical items, Attachments and Proficiencies, Perks, Strike Packages, Deathstreaks, and Game Modes.
- My HQ is your hub for finding Game Summaries, the Vault, Recent Badges, and your Feed, which includes Notifications and Invites.
- ELITE TV remains ELITE TV, with Theater mode accessed by clicking the filter in the upper-left portion of the screen.
Black Ops 2 is set for release on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on November 13. A Wii U version is planned for release this holiday season.