Baldur's Gate Comes to Dragon Age: Origins as a Mod
Forget about the enhanced edition
Did you know: there are modders out there that are working hard to port Baldur's Gate 2 to the Dragon Age engine? I shit you not. The enhanced edition isn't the only Baldurs Gate related thing to look out for in the horizon. Previously, the opening level/dungeon had been ported, and it included updates like:
- New abilities and classes with around 50 new spells
- New room and prop models and textures
- New creature models including goblins, golems and djinnis
- 4 New followers - Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira and Yoshimo
- Audio and dialogue extracted from the original game
- Resting mechanic with fatigue penalty for tiredness and party camp accessible anywhere
- New equipment including new weapon and armour types and new icons
That can be downloaded here--and with all those new features, why wouldn't you get it? This new update is of the more cinematic variety--all visuals, nothing playable. Bummer, but it's still neat to look at.
This, for instance
Not bad, huh? It might take forever and a half to finally receive a 'full' update from these modders, but I'd say it looks like its worth it. You can, like, play the enhanced edition while you're waiting....if you're that hardcore about Baldurs Gate!